Boin Releases New Software Product for Flat Panel Industry
Tomerdingen (Germany) - For immediate release -
July 23, 2007
Boin GmbH, a metrology software manufacturer for the semiconductor and flat panel industry, announces the release of a new software product for the flat panel industry: PANELMAP.
Similar to WAFERMAP, an award winning software package offered by Boin GmbH and used during IC production, PANELMAP can collect, edit, analyze and visualize measured physical parameters on rectangular panels. The software is used to analyze measurements of thin and thick films e.g. passivation layers or antireflective layers, transmission characteristics of color filters or complex films such as polymers. PANELMAP can import data files from various metrology tools. The imported data can then be visualized or printed as line scans, contour plots, 2D or 3D plots or as a histogram.
PANELMAP allows to analyze and visualize metrology data from different automatic metrology equipment off-line and in a standardized way. This makes such metrology data files easy comparable. A module for Statistical Process Control (SPC) is implemented offering trend charts, trend lists and an advanced file browser. PANELMAP allows for a number of mathematical operations applied to metrology data files such as rotation, shifting of the grid in the X or Y direction, or mirroring the data along the X or Y axis. It is also possible to compare different sets of data by adding, subtracting or dividing entire wafer maps. Global operations such as adding or subtracting a constant or taking the 1st or 2nd derivative can be carried out.
Main benefits of PANELMAP are:
- the possibility to analyze metrology data off-line and outside the cleanroom or production area, thus improving the productivity of metrology equipment,
- to allow for standardized visualization and analysis of metrology data files from different metrology equipment,
- the possibility of in-depth comparison of different metrology data files by applying mathematical operations to them.
- Advanced xml-based Boin multi-column multi-panel file format
- Loading of multiple columns and panels at once
- Configurable 1D- (line scan), 2D- (contour or colored), 3D- (solid or wire frame), 3D bar chart-, value-, and sigma range plots
- Multicolor contour plot
- Statistical analysis (histogram, calculation of mean, standard deviation, max, min, etc.)
- Import functions for data from different metrology tools (Filmetrics, SOPRA)
- Import of data from metrology tools that directly write the PANELMAP file format (E+H, ISIS Optronics)
- Other import functions (e.g. ASCII files)
- Export of *.jpg and *.bmp files
- Export into *.html file format
- Definition of any site pattern using a graphic editor
- Automatic generation of Cartesian or circular site patterns
- Extensive on-line help and HTML based user manual
- Trend charts
- Trend lists
- X-Y-plots of statistical values
- Global statistics ("All points, all panels")
- Trend charts and lists can be sorted by any criterion (date & time, mean, max, min, std. dev. etc.)
- Stacked maps
- Operations with files
- Direct import of measurement files into the SPC tool
- Global operations (add, subtract, divide, square, square root, etc.)
- 1st and 2nd derivative of a map
- File compare operations (add, multiply, ratio, average, etc.)
- File operations are applicable to files with different site distributions
- Shift (X and Y direction) and rotation of grids
- Mirroring of maps along the X and Y axis
- Multiple files can be open simultaneously
- Multiple views of a single file can be selected and displayed simultaneously
- Multiple views can be printed on a single sheet, printouts are configurable including company logo
- Transformation of grids (Cartesian, circular) keeping same measurement feature
- Merge data of different files (e.g. two measurements of one panel)
- Sigma Sorting Filter (1, 2, 3 sigma)
- Interpolation of sites
Boin GmbH is a metrology software manufacturer for the semiconductor and flat panel industry. The company was established in 1998. Boin's WAFERMAP software is in use on a worldwide basis at a variety of IC and semiconductor equipment companies as well as wafer suppliers and research institutes. Among IC manufacturers, the software is used during production of analog, mixed-signal, DRAM and other integrated circuits including microprocessors and communications chips for the computer and telecommunications industries. It is used for production and testing of both silicon (Si) and gallium arsenide (GaAs) integrated circuits. Boin also serves as OEM supplier for a number of metrology equipment manufacturers. For further information, visit www.boin-gmbh.com.
Boin GmbH, Dr. Manuela Boin,
Tel: +49 (0) 7348-928233,
Fax: +49 (0) 7348-928234.